Maxim Recruitment SolutionsDavidson House Forbury Square Reading Berkshire RG1 3EU
Tel. 0118 900 1300
Maxim Recruitment Solutions Limited (“Maxim”, “we” or “us”); is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes what personal information we may collect from you and how we process your personal information.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
Maxim Recruitment Solutions Limited is registered as a data controller in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
Personal information we may collect from you?
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Your personal information will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the services you expect us to
- to best tailor content and resources according to your preferences.
- to respond to your request or questions when you contact us.
- with your consent we may also use your contact data for direct marketing to inform you about services/products/events etc that might be of interest to you (we will communicate by email, telephone, mail and/or other communication methods)
- to send to you other information – such as Maxim Recruitment Solutions upcoming events or newsletters – that may be of interest to you.
- to help us create, publish, and improve content most relevant to you.
- to ensure that the content provided through the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- to further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
- to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs we have discussed with you
- to transfer data to third parties (see below)
- where necessary, to comply with any legal obligation; and
- we may also process your information to:
a. investigate or respond to incidents and complaints
b. comply with obligations and rights and cooperate with investigations carried out by the police, government or regulators.
Our use of your information as described above is permitted by applicable data protection law because it is:
- necessary for our legitimate interests in pursuing the purposes set out above, and such interests in each case not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- in some cases, necessary to meet our legal or regulatory responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, regulators or government bodies; or
- in some cases, necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and, when we use special categories of personal information, necessary for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or where the processing relates to personal information manifestly in the public domain;
Do you have to give us the personal information we ask for?
You are not obliged to provide your personal information to us when generally navigating our website; however we cannot fulfil any specific requests for information or provide you with a tailored recruitment service unless you do so.
How long do you keep my personal information for?
We will keep your information for as long as you wish to receive our communications and thereafter for the longer of the period required in order to meet our business, legal or regulatory responsibilities. Typically this is for 3 years.
Sharing with third parties
To facilitate our efficient use of your information, and to provide you with content and/or resources, or to fulfil a request you make of us, we disclose your information to third parties. However, this disclosure will only occur in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers, contractors and agents: from time to time we may engage or employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include the hosting and/or maintaining of website content, or the provision of certain features contained on the Website, and the provision of marketing services.
- Such recipients will only have access to your personal information as required by them to perform their functions, and are not permitted to use such personal information for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations.
- To government or law enforcement authoritiesif we determine in our sole discretion that we are under a legal obligation to do so.
We endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy
IP addresses and cookies
A cookie is a file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website or any third party; for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. We will use strict operational procedures and adequate, technical and organisational security measures to prevent any unauthorised access, change, deletion or transmission of this personal information.
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You are entitled to request confirmation whether we process any of your personal information. Where this is the case, you may have access to your personal information and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you can ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information.
- Right to correct your personal information: If you can demonstrate that personal information we hold about you is not correct, you can ask that this information is updated or otherwise corrected.
- Right to be forgotten/have data deleted: In certain circumstances, you have the right to have your personal data deleted. You may make such a request at any time and we will evaluate if your request should be granted, however this right is subject to any legal rights or obligations we may have to retain data. For situations where, in accordance with the law, we determine that your request to have your personal information deleted must be granted, we will do so without undue delay.
To exercise your rights, you can contact us in writing: Maxim Recruitment Solutions, Davidson House, Forbury Square, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3EU.
To the extent our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on your consent before the receipt of such withdrawal.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with your local data protection authority.
We may also send marketing communications to you via email or other communication means where you have consented that we may do so.
Changes to this Policy
The terms of this Policy may change from time to time. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to Maxim Recruitment Solutions, Davidson House, Forbury Square, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3EU.
You can also contact our local data protection representative at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org